0

LadyBug Nails!

Monday, November 2, 2009

So I decided to enter another contest.  It's hosted by meandmymakeup, for Nature-Related Nail Art.

Here's my entry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKYKa-PAVNA

I did a slideshow instead of my normal video tutorial because it was easier and faster.  Plus I don't think it's that important to show how I put on my basecoat, etc.  Maybe I could've shown how to do the details with the nail art pen, but I was kinda shaky with it anyway.

Man, my right hand's art is awful!  But, whatever...practice makes perfect!

What I Used:


China Glaze: Fast Forward Top Coat
China Glaze: Turned Up Turquoise
Orly: Tough Cookie
China Glaze: Scarlet
China Glaze: Innocence
Black Nail Art Pen

What I Did:

My video will pretty much tell you the steps of how to get this look, but I'll go through the steps here too.

Step 1: Base Coat (Tough Cookie).

Step 2: One coat of Innocence over the entire nail.

Step 3:  Turned Up Turquoise on Diagonal French.

Step 4: Two coats of Scarlet - In a big Dot.

Step 5: Using the Black Nail Art Pen, draw in details of Ladybug.

Step 6: Top Coat (Fast Forward).

And there you have it!  Ladybug nails.  I've been wanting to do these for awhile, but I haven't received my Migi Nail Art Pens, so I've been using the generic one.  You can add rhinestones to this look, but I wanted to keep it simple since I was entering the beginner's category.

It was a fun design to do!  I had been thinking up Nature-Related designs since I came across the contest, and I hope she likes mine. =)

0 comments: